Internal Link Filters  

Posted by bhans in , ,

I'm thinking about taking all of the entries out of the s.linkInternalFilters variable in my s_code.

My theory is that by doing this, I can track referrers both internally and externally in the same report.

I had originally been told by Omniture that if my own domains were not included in this list, the biggest referrer to my site would be ...my own site(s).

Because of the differences in my sites (and brands), I think it might be better to observe these as separate properties. In which case, referring to each other would be a better setup. I would still be able to run a previous and next page report to see pathing in and out of the sites.

Any opinion on how this might affect my reporting?

What are the best practices?

2 comments

I'm not sure of best practices, but Omniture's right about the most popular referrers thing. However, other than you, who's using this report? So, you might be just fine without it.

Your best option though would probably be to just capture all referrers, including internal, in a new prop and just enable pathing. This way you get both sets of reporting.

@spe825 Thanks for the feedback. I think I going to go ahead with taking the filters out. I had never thought of capturing them as a prop, but I do have pathing enabled.

Post a Comment